LOWER EYELID REJUVENATION
Because of the delicate nature of the thin, fragile skin around the lower eyelid region, this area is often the first region of the body to display the visible signs of aging, or to become damaged as a result of environmental factors (i.e. smoking, pollution, sun damage). Lower eyelid rejuvenation treatments are designed to serve as a countermeasure to the detrimental effects of aging and the environment, and can improve the aesthetics of the under-eye region by:
- Minimizing the appearance of excess skin, fat, fine lines and wrinkles
- Treating and correcting issues of bags or puffiness under the eyes
- Resolving lower eyelid droopiness, which can cause “scleral show” (white showing below the iris—the colored region of the eye)
- Improving the appearance of textural and/or pigmentation irregularities, which can give an aged look to the under-eye area
Rejuvenation of the delicate lower eyelid area requires a high level of precision and knowledge of the intricate eyelid structures. At the Virginia Institute for Surgical Arts, you can rest easy knowing that you are in the care of Dr. Trang Vo-Nguyen (Dr. V), a double board certified facial plastic surgeon with years of experience performing complex cosmetic procedures to enhance the appearance of the orbital region, helping her patients to restore a well-rested, youthfully alert, and revitalized facial appearance.
Now Offering 3D Before and After Imaging!
View Your Results During Consultation
LOWER EYELID REJUVENATION PROCEDURAL OPTIONS
Procedural options to rejuvenate the lower eyelid region vary in terms of invasiveness, from more intensive surgical measures (i.e. blepharoplasty) to non-invasive options that do not require any post-treatment downtime (i.e. dermal fillers):
- Dermal Fillers: the injection of dermal fillers (i.e. Restylane) to the tear trough area is a minimally invasive means of adding volume to the depression of the tear trough in order to thicken that skin and soft tissue coverage, thereby smoothing the area and minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in the under-eye region
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: this minimally invasive treatment option functions by removing the damaged skin cells one layer at a time and then harnessing the power of thermal energy to heat the underlying layers of the skin (dermis) to promote new collagen production, which serves to rejuvenate the appearance of the lower eye region while minimizing textural irregularities, pigmentation problems, and fine lines
- Lower Eyelid Lift (blepharoplasty): this surgical technique involves the removal and repositioning of excess fat and skin in the lower eyelid region through a small incision made just below the lower lash line. A lower eyelid lift is an outpatient procedure with a recovery period duration of approximately one week. After your eyelid surgery, you will need to wear darkly tinted sunglasses, and to practice proper skin protection in order to ensure a successful healing process. Cold compresses, pain medication, and eye ointments can be utilized to reduce any post-surgical bruising, irritation, swelling, and dry eyes.
- Transconjunctival Lower Eyelid Surgery: developed as an alternative surgical technique to treat and correct aesthetic issues of the lower eyelid, this procedure involves the removal of excess lower eyelid skin through a small incision made inside the lower eyelid. Transconjunctival lower eyelid surgery is an outpatient procedure with a recovery period duration of approximately one week. After your eyelid surgery, you will need to wear darkly tinted sunglasses, and to practice proper skin protection in order to ensure a successful healing process. Cold compresses, pain medication, and eye ointments can be utilized to reduce any post-surgical bruising, irritation, swelling, and dry eyes.
After assessing the condition of your lower eyelid region, Dr. V will recommend the optimal treatment course to safely and effectively fulfill your unique aesthetic goals.
CONTACT THE VIRGINIA INSTITUTE FOR SURGICAL ARTS
Dr. Trang Vo-Nguyen (Dr. V), lead facial surgeon at The Virginia Institute for Surgical Arts, has the background, clinical experience, and surgical knowledge to create customized treatment plans that are designed to safely and effectively improve the appearance of the lower eyelid region. Dr. V. is double Board Certified in the field of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and has built a reputation as one of the leading facial plastic surgeons in the nation. If you are interested in learning more about the lower eyelid rejuvenation options offered at The Virginia Institute for Surgical Arts, please do not hesitate to contact our office today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with Dr. V.
Please call 703-327-8200 or Click Here to Schedule a Consultation.