Traditional Botox continues to be America’s number one non-surgical treatment to reduce facial wrinkles and fine lines. However, in many cases, patients seek subtle and more natural looking results to delay the onset of facial signs of aging or to treat less prominent lines and creases in the face. At the Virginia Institute for Surgical Arts, we recommend MicroBotox (popularly known as Baby Botox) to restore a youthful facial appearance with minimal use of a neuromodulator.
What is MicroBotox?
MicroBotox, alternatively called Intra-dermal Botox or Baby Botox, involves the use of micro injections of botulinum neurotoxin type A in tiny doses to eliminate dynamic lines and wrinkles, while retaining natural facial movement. Younger women and men are particularly choosing MicroBotox to prevent the formation of conspicuous aging lines and for skin rejuvenation.
How does MicroBotox Work?
The treatment principle of MicroBotox is identical to traditional Botox. It causes the wrinkle-causing overactive facial muscles to relax, thereby removing the wrinkle from the skin’s surface. But a key difference is that in case of MicroBotox, the botulinum toxin medication is diluted in a precisely measured way and injected through micro-droplets directly into the targeted superficial dermis layers.
Now Offering 3D Before and After Imaging!
View Your Results During Consultation
The diluted form of Botox is an excellent treatment to balance out mild to moderate facial asymmetries and treat more delicate or minor facial muscles. Here are the specific benefits you can expect with a custom MicroBotox treatment:
- Removing mild to moderate dynamic wrinkles and fine lines
- Improving aging lines in sensitive areas such as the lower face, neck, and jawline
- Treating the lines emanating from the corners of eyes (crow’s feet)
- Preventing or delaying the onset of wrinkles in younger patients
- Shrinking the size of enlarged pores
- Reducing excess sweat and oil production to fight acne breakouts
- Improving aging signs in the glabellar, forehead, cheeks, and neck
- Correcting minor facial irregularities or asymmetries
Innovative Uses of MicroBotox for Facial Rejuvenation
- Under-Eye Rejuvenation: The MicroBotox technique makes it possible to utilize the neurotoxin safely in the under-eye area to treat fine lines. Sometimes a “liquid eyelift” may also be performed by combining MicroBotox with a gentle dermal filler injection to create eye area rejuvenation.
- Pore Size Reduction: A recent research study involving 35 patients with enlarged facial pores showed a significant improvement in 87.2% of the patients with no reported adverse effects. The study published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology also showed observable improvement in oiliness and skin texture after a single MicroBotox treatment.
- Neck and Lower Face: Micro-droplets of Baby Botox can be effectively used to treat aging lines in the lower face, neck and jawline. When MicroBotox is injected into the sub-dermal plane at precise depths, it will reduce vertical neck bands, smooth horizontal creases, and enhance skin texture. It will also improve the neck contour by correcting the positioning of the platysma muscle to the neck and jawline.
- Rosacea Treatment: Research studies have indicated that MicroBotox can interfere with the ability of facial blood vessels to dilate. This can reduce redness and flushing that many rosacea patients experience. Experts are increasingly using MicroBotox as a safe and long-lasting solution to improve mild rosacea condition.
It’s possible to apply the diluted versions of MicroBotox along with microneedling. This unique “MicroBotox Facial” treatment will create micro-wounds in the dermis to trigger the body’s natural repair process and stimulate new collagen formation. At the same time, micro-doses of botulinum toxin will work more effectively in the treated sites for skin revitalization and reduction of facial signs of aging.