Rhinoplasty (Nose Job Surgery) Northern Virginia
Rhinoplasty, commonly known as nose job or nose surgery, is a plastic surgery procedure to improve the proportion, shape, size or overall appearance of the nose in harmony with the face. Sometimes the surgeon may use rhinoplasty to correct certain functional anomalies that may be causing obstruction in breathing or other difficulties.
Can Be Restored
If the nose has suffered damage to its shape during a previous surgery or due to an accident or injury, the nose may be restored to its original shape and appearance with the help of nose surgery. Dr. V is a board certified facial plastic surgery providing rhinoplasty to her patients in Chantilly, Northern Virginia, Loudoun County, Fairfax, Prince William, Fauquier, Arlington, Middleburg, Leesburg, Manassas, Warrenton, and surrounding areas.
What improvements can be made with Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty can help achieve the following improvements in the appearance of the nose as per the unique aesthetic needs of a particular patient:
- Enhancing or reducing the size of the nose in proportion with the rest of the face.
- Enhancing or reducing the width of the nose at the nose bridge.
- Removing unsightly humps or depressions on the nose bridge.
- Improving the tip of the nose which may be sagging, bulbous, or upturned.
- Correcting the shape of large, wide or upturned nostrils.
- Restoring balance to an asymmetrical or deviated nose.
Dr. V evaluates the facial anatomy in conjunction with the patient’s aesthetic goals in order to prepare a customized treatment plan for nose surgery. Patients in Chantilly, Northern Virginia, Loudoun County, Fairfax, Prince William, Fauquier, Arlington, Middleburg, Leesburg, Manassas, Warrenton, and nearby areas have an opportunity to receive this surgery at Dr. V’s state of the art practice.
Who is a Suitable Candidate?
The following attributes usually make a terrific or fantastic candidate for rhinoplasty:
- The patient is unhappy with the current appearance of the nose and wants to improve it.
- The patient has a good physical health and is fit to undergo surgery.
- The patient is over 12 years of age and the facial growth has been fully attained.
- The patient is a non-smoker or ready to stop smoking several weeks prior to the procedure.
- The patient has clear goals, positive outlook and realistic expectations from rhinoplasty.
The plastic surgeon may perform nose surgery under general anesthesia or IV sedation, depending on the circumstances of the case. It may be a closed or open rhinoplasty as per the treatment plan devised to achieve the patient’s aesthetic goals. The closed procedure will involve incisions inside the nose, which keeps the scars hidden later on.
In an open procedure, however, the incision is made across the columella, which a thin strip of tissue dividing the nostrils. The surgeon will lift the soft tissue that covers the nose in order to gain access to reshape the underlying structure.
The recovery period may be around one week, but the swelling may continue to exist for several weeks. Full effects of the procedure appear gradually, and it may take up to a year for the reshaped nasal contour to refine fully. Results of rhinoplasty are usually permanent.
For more infomation please contact Dr. V. Dr. Trang Thuy Vo-Nguyen, known to her patients as “Dr. V,” is a board certified facial plastic surgeon providing the latest surgical and non-surgical aesthetic procedures in Northern Virginia, Leesburg, Loudoun, Fairfax, Warrenton, Fauquier, Arlington, Manassas, Middleburg, Prince William, and other areas. https://drvfacialplastics.com/contact-us/