A weekend facelift is a popular term to describe a partial or mini facelift surgery that is designed to address sagging skin and wrinkles on the lower third of the face. The procedure involves small, discreet incisions placed around the ears to restore chin definition and a youthful looking lower face through removal of excess tissue and tightening of the remaining tissue.
A weekend facelift should only be performed by a skilled plastic surgeon who will customize the procedure to accentuate the facial appearance and rejuvenate the lower face according to the unique needs of a patient. Board certified facial plastic surgeon Dr. Trang Vo-Nguyen (Dr. V) provides weekend facelift to patients in Chantilly, Northern Virginia, Loudoun County, Fairfax, Prince William, Fauquier, Arlington, Middleburg, Leesburg, Manassas, Warrenton, and surrounding communities.
Women and men who are looking for very subtle improvements to the face, while still addressing some of the prominent signs of facial aging such as poorly defined jaw line, may consider a weekend facelift.
Busy moms and working people who seek a less invasive procedure involving minimal risk of complications and shorter recovery period can benefit from a weekend facelift. Younger patients who want to delay the onset of facial aging or need a maintenance procedure may also be suitable candidates for a weekend facelift.
Some of the key advantages of a weekend facelift include the following:
- Minimal Risk of Side Effects: Bruising, swelling and tenderness in a weekend facelift is much lesser as compared to a traditional full facelift.
- Minimal Scarring: Much smaller incisions are involved, which can be hidden within the natural facial contours and hairline.
- Outpatient Procedure: A weekend facelift procedure can be completed in about two hours in most cases. The patient will be able to return home the same day.
- Conservative Anesthesia: Local anesthesia is usually sufficient to perform a weekend facelift, which allows the patient to remain conscious throughout the surgery.
- Reduced Downtime: The procedure is ideal for those who want a shorter and less painful recovery with minimal risk of post-operative complications.
Dr. V receives patients from Chantilly, Northern Virginia, Loudoun County, Fairfax, Prince William, Fauquier, Arlington, Middleburg, Leesburg, Manassas, Warrenton, and nearby areas for weekend facelift.
SMAS lifting has almost come to be accepted as an essential part of a weekend facelift surgery because merely a skin lift cannot create substantive results. With a “mini” SMAS lift, tightening and refining of the immediate underlying muscular system and fat tissue is performed along with skin tightening. This enables the surgeon to produce results that are significant as well as more natural looking.
While a “weekend facelift” is somewhat of a misnomer, many patients are able to recover within three to five days after the surgery. Swelling will take several weeks to subside completely, but the patients can return to work and resume their regular activities within the first week in most cases. Heavy lifting of weights and vigorous exercises should be avoided for at least two weeks.
For more infomation please contact Dr. V. Dr. Trang Thuy Vo-Nguyen, known to her patients as “Dr. V,” is a board certified facial plastic surgeon providing the latest surgical and non-surgical aesthetic procedures in Northern Virginia, Leesburg, Loudoun, Fairfax, Warrenton, Fauquier, Arlington, Manassas, Middleburg, Prince William, and other areas. http://drvfacialplastics.com/contact-us/